miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

Across the universe






Across the universe was one of the most popular hits of the Beatles, and it is also the name of a film that we are going to watch in class during the next week. You can also check the original soundtrack in spotify. The films uses lots of the beatles songs to tell us a love history that took place in USA in the sixties. 




You will have to write a sinopsis of the film and a review. You will have to write between 200 - 300 words. Please be very carefull with the spelling and the grammar, it would suppose a 30% of your final writing mark.


The deadline is the 14th of December. 

3 comentarios:

  1. Hello!
    First of all, your blog is amazing and it is very visually attractive! I have worked using The Beatles on lots of different occasions. Last year, I did a musical about their lives involving 5 groups. Children really loved it. I liked the fact that you share additional material links as for example the film soundtrack on spotify. On the other hand, maybe some activities (I am thinking about my pupils) are a little bit difficult for primary 5-6, like for example the film review, maybe you should provide models or carry out the activity in groups. Perhaps it would be more appropriate for secondary school students.
    I would defenily use your blog in my lessons.
    Congrats,
    Cristina

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you Cristina,
    The blog is amazing and attractive!! I like the idea of creating all the activities about the Beatles. However, I also think some activities are good for older students, not for primary school pupils.
    In my opinion, our little students like cartoons or simple songs. This is too much for them.
    Anyway...as a blog...it's great! Congratulations!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thank you both for your comments! These are so motivating and encouraging.
    I know my activities can be difficult to regular students but I am doing my internship in a bilingüal school, so the students in fifth grade have the level to do all of this activities. Also, in my experience children in the last years of primary are more interested in music than in cartoons. I think working about The Beatles is an opportunity to work also the british culture and a little bit of history too.
    Thank you again for your feedback!

    ResponderEliminar